Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Make Me.


If you have an excess of scrap fabric (as I do) this easy peasy (to borrow some Jamie Oliver slang) project looks great in the picture. Hard to say what if it would look as nice if I tried it. In my sewing class we are learning new seam finishes. I like how these scarves make use of some interesting finishes. They're almost decorative - and could be more so if you used a colorful or metallic thread.

It gives me some ideas though for scarves...

Since I don't knit or crochet (too many lovely friends to do that for me!) I have a couple of no-knitting projects I can't wait to try. I want to braid fabrics or quilt pieces together. maybe attaching squares with thick wooly yarn and/or embellishing with embroidery.


Embroidery is an art I am just starting to appreciate. Good thing I like the rough, obviously hand-made, simplistic look since that is all I can do. I'll post my first project soon! In the meantime, here are a couple of embroidered objects that I'm attempting to emulate. More here and here.

No comments: