Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fish Theater


This is so brilliant. Please please watch Dave Eggers, author of the hilarious though overly wordy (with a long boring section about him trying to get on The Real World) autobiography, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, as he discusses his amazing tutoring center/writer's space/pirate paraphernalia shop on this TED Talk. At least watch it for the explanation of his piratey store. The fish theater, "a salt-water tank with three seats" is so inspiring it brought tears to my eyes. I'm getting that retail bug again. I love the mop-head prank too! The whole thing just reminds me of my Museum for All Senses idea. I still haven't thought of a sanitary way to have people walk through chocolate pudding though...
And on to the superhero store and so on.

I love TED. I'm going to have to go back and watch all teaching related videos now...

1 comment:

Smoxie said...

I've seen the one you mentioned, but let me know when you come across another winner :)

nice to see the rose blooming again!