Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Puddles



I am extraordinarily blessed to live a life with so little fear, so much comfort and near-constant companionship by some of the best people I've ever met.

When I think of the instability and traumatic circumstances in many lives I feel so lucky.

Yet, lately I've felt a hand clenching my heart and every once in a while the pressure makes my eyes leak. I can't explain it, but I want to run and run and find a cave and climb in and curl in a ball.

Moving on...

This is my very first attempt at a poem. It was written while going for a night bike ride while it was sprinkling.

Cracks

the streets slowly dry
but the fissures that
time and weight have created
remain wet
the cracks on my heart leak too
as what has fallen on it slowly surfaces


Our street flooded today. It was marvelous.

No comments: