Saturday, December 5, 2009

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden

And since I don't write poetry...

There has never been a cat
Who couldn't calm me down
By walking slowly
Past my chair.
~Rod McKuen


Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia. ~Joseph Wood Krutch

More cat quotes I enjoyed: A catless writer is almost inconceivable. It's a perverse taste, really, since it would be easier to write with a herd of buffalo in the room than even one cat; they make nests in the notes and bite the end of the pen and walk on the typewriter keys. ~Barbara Holland

If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. ~Lemony Snicket

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose. ~Garrison Keillor

Sometimes he curls up on my pillow during the night and I don't know he's there until I yawn and my mouth closes on a whisker. ~Astrid Alauda

A cat isn't fussy - just so long as you remember he likes his milk in the shallow, rose-patterned saucer and his fish on the blue plate. From which he will take it, and eat it off the floor. ~Arthur Bridges

And lastly,
There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. ~Dan Greenberg

which is why I won't add anything to these wise words.

via: http://www.quotegarden.com/cats.html

No comments: